The following healthy dinners will be on the table in fewer than 30 minutes, guaranteed.
Preparing a fancy four-course meal from scratch is totally fun … if you’re on vacation. But most likely you’re a pretty busy person, with things to do and people to see.
Dinner can be super overwhelming. Planning, prepping, and then actually making a dinner can be time consuming and exhausting with the laundry list of other things we need to do in a single 24-hour period.
Enter the 30-minute meal. This life-saving notion makes dinner preparation a breeze, and also makes it easier to bypass that drive-through lineup that’s calling to you with its convenience and copious amounts of salts and fats.
The following recipes will be on the table in fewer than 30 minutes, guaranteed.
- Tasty Tex-Mex Tortilla (use leftover rice)
- Dilled Salmon Linguine
- Salmon, Butter Leaf, and Avocado Salad (on a day you’re having salmon, make extra to have this salad the following day)
- Golden Tuna Melt
- Salmon Mac and Cheese
- Asparagus Frittata (skip the Toasted Hemp Nori)
- Stir-Fried Turnip Greens and Tofu
- Mini Personal Pizzas
- Egg Fried Rice (use leftover rice)
Keep in mind the following time-saving tips as well.
- Buy frozen veggies: there’s a common misconception that frozen veggies lack in nutritional value. This is simply untrue: frozen fruits and vegetables are often picked at peak ripeness and then quickly flash-frozen to lock in nutrients and flavour.
- Make big batches of rice and beans: these staples are so versatile they can be the foundation of everything from chili to fried rice. Plus, they keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for a good five days—enough to get you through the work week.
- Take shortcuts: jarred marinara, canned fish, canned beans, pre-chopped stir-fry veggies, and whole wheat pizza crusts are lifesavers when on a tight schedule.
- Multi-task: making pasta? Throw your veggies in during the last few minutes to blanch them. Then simply add the sauce and voila!